Saturday, March 18, 2017

Watching Jack

PHOTO PROMPT © Jennifer Pendergast
Long after Jack had gone, the timepiece remained as the pride of the town.

It hadn’t always been like this. The council record’s revealing his neighbour’s complaint.  "Jack has a giant beanstalk and now I cannot access my back side.” 

A perusal of the Council’s records brings up a litany of complaints against the troublesome teen.  “The price of gold is going up because Jack’s hen got laid.  Will the council investigate?”


The Giant’s fall brought forth multiple noise violation complaints.  Informed sources claim only the donation of the timepiece and a dozen golden eggs kept Jack out of trouble.

**

Written for Friday Fictioneers Word Count : 100

So many other titles kept running through my mind.  In the end I decided to be polite.   To keep in sync with the other writers this week click here.  



17 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:42 am

    The reworking of the old tale is lovely, but what makes this sing is the lovely smutty errors in the files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil, there a few other limericks waiting in the wings too ;-)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:04 am

    Lovely spin. We need you back here ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks YS, from one spinner to another :-)

      Delete
  3. Dear Subroto,

    Once more you've put a different spin on an old favorite. Marvelous!

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle call me a spinning top.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...I don't think you've spun my direction this week. ;)

      Delete
  4. Funny! Should I be shocked? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely...not..thanks for commenting Liz

      Delete
  5. you couldn't have picked a better title. well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Plaridel I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. So very clever and funny, Subroto! Love the play on words and nuances. VERY charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Charming is good, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. Well now, Subroto! That was quite clever and osé...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale, writing can be risque business sometimes.

      Delete
  8. I loved where you took us, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loré I am glad you liked it.

      Delete