Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sole Survivor

PHOTO PROMPT © C.E. Ayr

So there I was in the park, enjoying a little tipple but must have dozed off.

The midnight gong of the clock tower woke me up.  Out there on the road stood a splendid golden coach, harnessed with six cream colored horses.  The coachman wore a powdered wig and silk stockings.  There were six footmen in splendid liveries.


As the last gong sounded the coach became a pumpkin, the horses transformed into mice and the coachman into a rat.  Six lizards scurried away while a pretty beggar girl, limping in one shoe, ran past crying.

I am never drinking again. 

***
Written for Friday Fictioneers (episode 99). Word Count : 100

A little bit whimsicality this time to get away from the serious stuff.  Hope the Fairy Blogmother approves.

To read the tales written by the other Friday Fictioneers click here

20 comments :

  1. Anonymous6:03 pm

    Good decision. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear one more fairy tale might drive him to drink again, Thanks for your comments Ansumani I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Great twist on Cinderella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would not believe it either even if I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the fat guy in a red suit? I hear he is going to log some serious frequent flyer points soon.

      Delete
  6. What fun. And what a great idea to tell it from this character's viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Margaret. I think there is more to it than what the Fairy Mafia has revealed over the years ;-)

      Delete
  7. hahahaha, loved the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Dee Dee, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. Dear Subroto,

    I never thought of Cinderella from bystander's POV. Very clever, sir.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS The Fairy Blog Mother wholeheartedly approves.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Fairy Blog Mother, I am glad you didn't turn me into a toad instead.

      Delete
  9. Ha! Ha! Hope that is working well for you. Thanks for reading this and commenting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative story, Subroto. That would bring about a change in a person. I love the humor. Well done. :D --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne I am glad you liked it.

      Delete