Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Castle of Dreams

PHOTO PROMPT © David Stewart

It was supposed to be a castle with drawbridges, crenulated towers, battlements and embrasures.  Within this impenetrable fortress would grow an enchanting garden with bluebells erupting everywhere and daisies peeping behind curtains of honeysuckled festooned hedges.

Instead stood a rusting gate with paint peeling off and the dilapidated yard was overgrown with weeds.  The house itself was crumbling from inside, the roof tiles were dangerously loose with the doors and windows broken.

He sits in front of the monitor and reads.  Groaning he deletes all the text and starts typing, this time aiming to build the castle of his dreams.

**

Written for the Friday Fictioneers  Word Count : 100.  

To pass through the Friday Fictioneer's gate and visit their castles of dreams go here


There are days when those castles can be seen from a distance, standing strong.  While on other days I feel the need to take a demolition crew and raze those buildings to the ground.  Sanding nervously waiting for visitors, welcome to my abode and please sign on the guest register on the way out.

10 comments :

  1. Excellent. Very vivid images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    I know exactly what he's going through as my monitor stares back at me, daring me to writing something meaningful. Thank goodness for the backspace key.

    Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each time and every time Rochelle but we will keep on building that castle :-)

      Delete
  3. I think all writers can relate to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's not just me then :-)
      Thanks for reading and commenting Irene

      Delete
  4. I'm sure that I deleted a lot more than I've actually kept. Good story, great descriptions. And now I want to go build my own castle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great I hope to visit your castle too. Thanks for reading and commenting GaH

      Delete
  5. Things don't always turn out as we plan, but we keep trying. Great description, Subroto. Well done. :) --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne I am glad you liked it.

      Delete